Conversation Between CELMX and Lyev

1. Lyev
    Yes, Rivera took Trotsky under his wing whilst he was in exile. Trotsky hung out with quite a lot of surrealist artists in Mexico at the time.
  2. CELMX
    Nice, I'm not sure if this is true or not, did Diego Rivera really keep Trotsky at his house? I watched Frida (amazing movie!) and it showed Trotsky in exile with her (and diego).
  3. Lyev
    he was surrealist artist, but also a communist too. He got into trouble sometimes for painting murals with Lenin on them, or anti-capitalist murals and things like that. Breton pretty much founded the art movement surrealism. He wrote quite extensively on art theory. IIRC, he actually wrote a book about freedom of expression with Leon Trotsky as well, I think.
  4. CELMX
    OMG!! I'm so diggin that pic! better than creeper trans lenin...
    sorry, remind me, who's Andre Breton?
  5. Lyev
    I changed it to a red star briefly, but I've just found a really cool picture of Trotsky hanging out with Diego Rivera and Andre Breton, whilst in exile, in Mexico.
  6. CELMX
    fine, thanks. awww...you changed your avatar...boring star :P
  7. Lyev
    I'm ok thanks comrade. The background is an Islamic textile thing, funky isn't it?

And yes, that's some USSR-style meat. Equality has never been so tasty. How's things with you?
  8. CELMX
    hey, how're you?
    ur background's pretty psychedelic, but the avatar's creepin me out, dawg.
  9. Lyev
    Yeah I am, how did you know? Are you part of the young leftists group on here?
    Oh and thank you.
  10. CELMX
    ur 15? that's awesome! I wonder how many people here are under 18...
    btw...nice sig!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10