Conversation Between Vladimir Innit Lenin and Quail

1. is that an inter-uni one at Sheffield? I was really planning to go to that but obviously my shoulder's still fucked. Got a scan on 29th september (love the NHS...) so got to wait to see how bad it is

See, you're in a better position than a broken big yellow belt!
  2. Quail
    Thanks
    Heh, not sure "rule by Judo" would work out too well for me! *small green belt*
    Speaking of Judo, how is it going? I'm planning on doing a competition at the end of October, held by my university. Need to train harder and get more confident.
  3. yo congrats admin quail. Richly deserved.

Shall we purge the forum and rule by the Kodokan Judo?
  4. Quail
    Thanks I'm really looking forward to it.
  5. congrats future scientific master!
  6. that's pretty cool. I am trying to re-learn all the throws i've done but with a left-hand grip - I had a fucked up shoulder (still not great) when I started, so I only really learnt ippon seoi nage left handed, having to catch up.

I think it's a good trait to be passive - or not to be passive, but to be relaxed in randori/competition. I find it tedious and bloody tiring when someone is strong-arming you. As my coach said to someone tonight - "it's like you've just sent me an e-mail to tell me you're about to attack".

Favourite throws? Cool stuff with the left-handed uchi mata, btw!
  7. Quail
    I haven't really learned any new ones in a while but I'm starting to get things to work better for me I've been using a left handed uchi mata a fair bit recently and managed to get seoi otoshi to work. I need to work on being more... not aggressive exactly, but putting in my own throws and moving people where I want them instead of being passive and waiting for my opponent to put in an attack I can counter. I'd like to enter a competition soonish, but it's hard finding competitions with appropriate weight categories. There aren't many women in Judo so the weight categories I've seen have either been under and over 57 or under and over 63. I'm under 52, so under 57 isn't too bad, but I don't really want to be fighting people with a 10kg weight advantage so that's kind of off putting.
  8. Hey, how's the Judo going? Learned any interesting techniques recently?
  9. I love that Emma Goldman quote in your sig. I'd probably ask for bread before work though!
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 29 of 29