Conversation Between The Garbage Disposal Unit and Palmares

1. The Garbage Disposal Unit
    Yeah, STI was part of a group of anarchists who joined the PCR/RCP (http://www.pcr-rcp.ca/) all together. I wish I knew more of the details (they were anarchists, then "mass line anarchists", then full on MLMs, but those broad strokes are my only familiarity with the development).
    It's funny, Maoists and anarchists here seem to draw on the same constituencies, and carry out some similar activities. Part of me thinks that, if there weren't a developing anarchist organization here (Halifax) with combative and anti-colonial politics, and some sense of strategy, the PCR would probably step in and fill the void.
  2. Palmares
    Were? Is that because of the change in politics? Wasn't STI an anarchist? Fuck, my memory is so bad, and I was more commie back in the day, so I guess my comprehension of people's politics isn't the same as now.

Jump on skype again somtime. Had a chat with TFU for the first time in fuckin' years eh.
  3. The Garbage Disposal Unit
    STI - Ran into him a few times. He visited Halifax a few years ago. He's a supporter of the RCP, who seem very eager to develop cadre out here, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him again in the near-ish future. I might attend the congress of the Revolutionary Student Movement for kicks (they've offered a travel subsidy), so I wouldn't be surprised if he were there. Canada is small.

And, yeah, I didn't know LSD super-well, but him and CyM were good buds, so we crossed paths a few times.
  4. Palmares
    Never realised you met LSD! Didn't even know they were a Canuck. Soz, was reading through the totality of the "oldies" thread. You ever get in contact with STI?
  5. Palmares
    where are you?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5