Defiantly Bordiga's Three Part Series:

1 2 3

Sylvia Pankhurst's "Communism and its Tactics"

Part 4

Part 5

Anton Pannekoek's Short piece on Workers' Councils

Link
  3. Dunk
    It definitely helps! Could you please send me some lit recommendations, though?
  4. Paulappaul
    responded
  5. Dunk
    Left a question for you in Council Communists.
  6. Dunk
    Thank you for changing my mind.
  7. Paulappaul
    All it takes is a single act of courage. That is usually how Mass Strikes develop in America. A key industry goes on strike and shuts down the subordinate factories. Police, Military would ever go to stop an occupation. The workers out of work in connected industries strike in solidarity. Block by Block, city by city, workers start occupying.

Sometimes it's students. Workers themselves who are usually students take a schools issue to there workplace. The experience they gain organizing student committees can be easily applied to worker committees. The Struggle leaves the school and all of a sudden it's a workplace issue against the politics of society. In this it can also be the parents seeing there kids in all these demonstrations who themselves call out a strike in their workplace in Solidarity.
  8. Dunk
    I think you're right. I wonder what our spark will be.
  9. Paulappaul
    Your "resisting" is merely defensive, it's for protecting the lousy unions present in Wisconsin. The conditions in Wisconsin are ripe for revolution, the republicans drew the line in the sand between the int rests of the working class and the Bourgeois. This is an attack on workers, not Unions. These are the perfect conditions for Workers' Councils. Obviously going out at calling for Workers' Councils is foolish. Going out and calling for a Wildcat Strike of which develop usually into Workers' Councils is the best alternative. Conditions are present in America for revolution and have been for a while. All it takes is a spark. In Greece, the spark was a 16 year old being shot. All of a sudden everyone was an Anarchist. In America, something like a Workers' Association taking over the means of production is the kind of spark which can set off a wave of Sympathy strikes which develop into a Mass Strike.
  10. Dunk
    At the same time, it would be hard to consider myself an advocate of working class interests if I feed the working class the notion that what's best for them is to act against their immediate interests of resisting reactionary attacks on them by capitalists like the ones taking place in Wisconsin and Ohio. I think we risk alienating ourselves from workers if we try to tout a strategy toward revolution that could potentially mean giving in to capital, based upon the hypothesis that temporarily better conditions pushes revolution and ultimate relief out of reach. I mean, it's absolutely correct that we don't know when revolution will take place, so why take the risk of encouraging workers to disband unions (something capitalists seem to be doing for us) when we have no idea when the correct conditions will be set?

About the industrial unionism thing, I pretty much meant an organization like the IWW.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13