Conversation Between The Ben G and Lyev

1. Lyev
    happy birthday comrade
  2. The Ben G
    I dont believe in a vanguard (I think that the people should govern themselves). I have heavy criticisms of Leninism, but I agree with most of the concepts of it. I also agree with most of the concepts of Left Communism and Platformism. I think that there can be a merger between them, it just hasn't happened in the mainstream.

I basically agree with all three ideologies, not just one of them.
  3. Lyev
    So, do you believe in a vanguard? Some might argue that the vanguard is inherently authoritarian, this obviously being the opposite of "libertarian". Of course, some might say there's the elitist, "from-above" vanguard, and some might argue for the "from-below" vanguard.

I just think it's interesting that left-coms and council communists are generally very hostile towards Leninism; apparently it's authoritarian. Trotskyism's original name was Bolshevisk-Leninism, i.e. Trotskyists are Leninists, for the most part. How have you managed to reconcile these two opposing ideologies?
  4. The Ben G
    Well, My vision of Libertarian Trotskyism is Council Communism, Left Communism, Collectivism, and Nightwatchmanism with Trotskyist elements.
  5. Lyev
    Excuse me comrade, would you mind if I ask what being a "libertarian" Trot entails?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5