Conversation Between The Douche and synthesis

1. synthesis
    I feel you, I used to rap (I did a couple songs with him, actually) and the people I'd be working with would always get pissed off because I'd leave a feature half-done for like a month because I refused to record anything that didn't come into my head fully formed that I was convinced would blow people's minds.
  2. The Douche
    I'm so jealous of people like that, every band I've been in, writing lyrics has been so difficult, I always need the help of a friend and it takes like an hour to write the lyrics to a three minute song.
  3. synthesis
    That's what's up! I like putting people onto his music, not just because he's been my buddy since high school but because I really think he's just talented as fuck. Whatever part of his brain that makes music lets him just pull shit out of his ass in like 15 minutes that blows my mind on a regular basis.
  4. The Douche
    Damn, that'd be sweet. I sent the link to my friends who're hip hop heads and into west coast shit.
  5. synthesis
    Word, I like showing that one off because I first heard it with just the rapping (he self-produces) in summer 2010 and I thought it was dope as fuck. Full story is, he told me he would only put the song out if he got Kokane on the hook, so I finally got him in touch with Kokane (my dad works with him from time to time) after trying to set them up for like three months, and fronted him about 2 grand to get the feature. Then he hated what Kokane did, so eventually I got Kokane to refer us to Butch Cassidy, spent more money and time, and I finally convinced him it was good enough as it is. Now we're trying to get Missy Elliott on a song, because Fat Man Scoop wanted fucking $15,000 just to do a hook. I don't think it's actually gonna happen, but hope springs eternal.
  6. The Douche
    Yeah, that shit is tight, I have a friend who is wayyyyyy into stuff like this. Strikes a real nice balance between gfunk and more modern stuff.
  7. synthesis
    Yo, I don't know if you remember me telling you about my buddy's music a few years ago, he just recently put some of it up online even though it's been finished for a minute now. At least check out "The W" when you get a chance, let me know if you like it and I can send you some other songs that aren't up yet.
  8. synthesis
    My intuition wins again!

Nothing to be ashamed of, though. His shit is solid, especially the remake of "I Ran" (by Flock of Seagulls) he did with Slim Thug
  9. The Douche
    Hahahaha, as much I would resent admitting it, yes, I do look like him, kind of dress like him, but have short hair hahaha.
  10. synthesis
    Yeah, check this out if you haven't heard it already.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 12