Conversation Between p0is0n and Rafiq

1. Rafiq
    Mutualism, the anarchism of Kropotkin, boukchin, I despise this. The "soft" anarchism, so to speak. Regarding alienation, it is of course very real, it is at the very core of our being. I don't think I could explain in a single message though. The basic idea is that one is divorced from their own conditions of being not simply physically, but 'spiritually'.
  2. p0is0n
    Thanks for your response. Interesting as always.

I'd like to ask two questions, one of which is a follow up, and the second one not being related.

1. Is there any particular trend in anarchist theory you dislike?

2. What is your position on alienation? Is it real? How would you describe it?
  3. Rafiq
    I respect the practical anarchist, and can respect them historically, but disdain anarchism when it comes to matters of theory. I am sure anarchists will say the exact opposite of Marxists.
  4. p0is0n
    What is your opinion of anarchism, both as a historical and contemporary thought and movement?
  5. Rafiq
    A party organized, I suppose at a grass roots level with heavy popular participation, spear-headed by theoretically adept individuals. In other words, a party that isn't part of the "regular cycle" of the voting season, like the democrats and republicans, already finely tuned and adjusted to the system.
  6. p0is0n
    Thank you for your response. Interesting as always.

Might I ask you what exactly you mean when you say "establishment parties" - what puts a party in that specific category? What specifically, would you say, makes a party a non-establishment party?

In your mind, should immediate struggle only be carried by organizing outside the confines of the bourgeois political apparatus? Or do you think partaking in bourgeois democracy, or voting, is a viable strategy, in these immediate struggles?
  7. Rafiq
    When I claim immediate struggles should be fought, I also stress the importance of class based politics, and this means absolutely avoiding support for establishment parties. Class independence is not a fantasy, but thinking that a revolution can happen without short term struggles is.
  8. p0is0n
    Hey there,

If you have time, I'd love to hear your opinion on struggling for the improvement of conditions within capitalism, i.e. to struggle, for example, for better immigration laws, or for higher minimum wages or higher wages themselves, or as you call it, immediate struggles.

And in connection with this, I'd also be very interested in hearing what you think about voting and participating in bourgeois democracy? Should it be done in the first place? If it should be done, then, in your opinion, in what form should it take place (e.g. siding with the Democrats, siding with e.g. Sanders or other "progressive" politicians, or siding with more left-leaning parties, e.g. SYRIZA in Greece, or something else)?

Keep up your excellent posts, thanks.
  9. Rafiq
    A deeply reactionary organization whose presence only mystifies our understanding of the conflict: The true conflict is not between the Islamists and the Israeli state (Israel had helped establish Hamas in the 1980's) but between their paradoxically apparent conflict and the potential for emancipator politics to take hold in Palestine.
  10. p0is0n
    Hello.

I was hoping you could share your thoughts on Hamas -- what do you think of them, if anything?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 31
123 ...