Conversation Between Lenina Rosenweg and Red Commissar

1. Red Commissar
    I have the same copy you do, I believe.

http://www.amazon.com/Selections-Pri...1678421&sr=8-1

And yes, he wrote a lot. I believe in total they smuggled out 33 notebooks out from his cell to Moscow.

In its heyday the Italian Communist Party maintained an extensive library of Marxist literature, and its centerpiece was a total collection of Gramsci's notebooks as well as his earlier works as a journalist for Avanti!, Ordine Nuovo, and L'Unita, which are also interesting from a historical standpoint.

Unfortunately Gramsci leaving his works as they were with out him asserting exactly in what context he wished it to be read in, it opened up for some opportunistic elements in the Italian Communist Party to justify their "Eurocommunist" stance and by neoliberals as well.

And thank you for paying attention to my post.
  2. Lenina Rosenweg
    What edition do you have? I guess Gramsci was a prolific writer in prison and there are different selections of his work around. I have the International Publishers version. Maybe the same. It has parts of the Modern Prince, his stuff on education, Marxism & philosophy, and "Fordism".
    You're a good writer, BTW
  3. Red Commissar
    The intro is very indepth. My copy has something about 79-80 (in the small typeset no less >_>) pages just going ad nauseum into not just Gramsci's life, but the political climate of Italy, the PCd'I, and the political strife within the Soviet Union and the Comintern, and how that reflected back onto the PCd'I.
  4. Lenina Rosenweg
    Thanks. I have the Prison Notebooks but its been a while since I read the intro.
  5. Red Commissar
    I did remember one book on Gramsci, but I did not bring it up because it has biases. It is written by Fiori (the same guy I mentioned in the post), called "Antonio Gramsci: The Life of a Revolutionary". He was a leftist journalist in Italy, and an independent Communist.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5