Conversation Between ¿Que? and Jesus Saves Gretzky Scores

1. Jesus Saves Gretzky Scores
    I came up with a theory on Andre-Buressism! Tim and Eric awesome show was much more out there, bizzare, and unrealistic. It was the founding of the theory, and the Eric Andre Show was the taking of that theory, and establishing it.
  2. Jesus Saves Gretzky Scores
    Holy shit, no, that was amazing!
  3. ¿Que?
    For Andre and Buress, the luxury of irony does not spare them from the reality of identity, both self and socially constructed. Thus the situation is somewhat contradictory. Whereas irony presupposes detachment and disavowal, political engagement implies just the opposite (engagement...). And thus their treatment of race is at once a rejection and embrace, ironic but also political. Part of the genius of Andre and Buress is their awareness of this fact, and their ability to harness it towards art, comedy and consciousness raising.

Sorry, too pedantic?
  4. ¿Que?
    For example, both shows make heavy use of irony and sarcasm, irreverently poking fun at just about anything in site. A crucial difference arises, however, whenever the issue of race comes up. For Heidecker and Wareheim, two white men (who both seem to have Scandinavian or Teutonic names, although I am not really all that informed on etymology of surnames) the topic of race, particularly, black people, can only be approached, given the apolitical context, as simply another topic to be handled ironically. Also, consider that irony is a form of distancing and differentiation. Irony in reference to a concept implies disavowal, criticism, and sometimes critique.
  5. ¿Que?
    Maybe, but I was never much of a Heidecker-Wareheimian. Andre-Buressism sort of began from the same principles, but took it further, to a whole new level. For my part, I believe it's good to appreciate the origins of what we love, but I believe Heidecker-Wareheimianism to be the aesthetic basis for Andre-Buressism, the latter having much deeper political implications, although neither show could really be construed as significantly political.
  6. Jesus Saves Gretzky Scores
    Heidecker-Wareheim-Andre-Buressism sounds like a new tendency.
  7. Jesus Saves Gretzky Scores
    Paul, get yo dumbass out the water!
  8. ¿Que?
    Chiquita Banana, Chiquita Banana, Obama!
  9. Jesus Saves Gretzky Scores
    It's too good. Evangelos!
  10. ¿Que?
    Shit's hilarious!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 11