Conversation Between Rainsborough and ComradeMan

1. Rainsborough
    The world is America, and America is the world!
  2. ComradeMan
    Some interesting points of view... but I suppose we know nothing because we aren't from West Kentucky.... wherever that might be!!! LOL!!!!
  3. ComradeMan
    Some very myopic analyses here at times indeed!
  4. Rainsborough
    Thank you comrade. Once again we seem to be thinking alike.
  5. ComradeMan
    Hello Rainsborough. I agree with you on the post about the memorial services/poppies. I was disgusted by those actions and comments. Those services are held throughout Europe and the US to commemorate the DEAD- let's not spit on the dead shall we. It is not a celebration of militarism or imperialism despite the presence of the usual dignitaries. One thing that stuck in my mind, many of the dead whose minutes silence was not respected, died fighting Nazism and fascism. Had the Nazis won would those protesters be free to protest? Would they be here? Let's remember that our grandparents and greatgrandparents volunteered rightly or wrongly but they did believe they were fighting for a just cause- not like today's shit wars. I am also concerned that the actions of a few will bring yet more Islamophobia and hysteria and could be dangerous for innocent Muslims.
    Good post!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5