Conversation Between Tolstoy and TheGodlessUtopian

1. TheGodlessUtopian
    Not necessarily. When I say Right-Wing Maoism I use it to refer to Maoist groups which are dogmatic, who promote the line that Protracted Peoples' War is universal. More often than not these same individuals label any other Maoist org who disagrees with them as "Post-Maoist" or even revisionist. Right-Wing Maoists are the people who take Marxist theory originally developed as something meant to breath and conform to specific socio-economic conditions and make it rigid and unyielding (which in actually goes against the tradition of what Maoism has meant).

I would simply go straight to Kasama's website as their Facebook is used simply as an appendage.

Link: http://kasamaproject.org/
  2. Tolstoy
    Right wing Maoism?, is that like 70s era communist homophobia like the RCP and the CPUSA used to be (homophobic, not Maoist)

Ill look up the Kasama Project on Facebook
  3. TheGodlessUtopian
    A good place would be my own organization, The Kasama Project. Their new website is part "Facebook", part theory discussion; mind you, these threads are often a much higher quality than what you see on RevLeft. On the site you can make a profile and start posting up blog entries and get part of the discussion. I do believe there are other Trotskyist there.

There is a difference between Maoism Third-Woridism (the ideology) and defending Third-World revolutionary movements (who do not identify as Maoist Third-Worldist). First world Maoist organizations defend these organizations because they are trying to fight for revolution, not because they promote any absurdity involving the Joint-Proletarian Dictatorship or relocation. In actuality very few Maoist organizations are Third-Worldist with most being Right-Wing Maoist orgs with a Left-Wing minority.
  4. Tolstoy
    So where would a good place be to seek out info on American Maoism?

Further, are all Maoists in the USA third worldist, because all I see Maoists ever doing is talking about how awesome Nepalese and Indian rebels are
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4