Conversation Between cyu and Pogue

1. cyu
    Is there anything specific about the CNT you're referring to here? Any group of people may do things you like or don't like. Sometimes they just don't see enough options. If you want to help them achieve common goals, then you can try to help them brainstorm strategies that will work.

When you say "coherent" do you mean forcing all members to think alike? I don't think that's possible in any organization. As far as "uncomprimising" goes, a union is just a group of people - if some other group of people can be "uncompromising" - why not a union? If you see intrinsic weaknesses in the structure of a union that prevents it from being truly revolutionary, then that's great - point them out and let's discuss how to fix those weaknesses.
  2. cyu
    Well, I think of anarcho-syndicalism more along the lines of single-issue activists, like pro-choicers or pro-lifers - in other words, their position on abortion doesn't necessarily extened to anything else besides abortion. The same is true of anarcho-syndicalism - if an issue is primarily an internal company issue, then the employees should have the most say. If the issue is not related to a company - say issues involving who has the right to drive a car - then anarcho-syndicalism doesn't come into play any more than a person's position on abortion.

I'm active with the NSA - although those guys at the CIA keep trying to poach me, but my NSA supervisor is trying his hardest to keep them at bay.
  3. Pogue
    well how do you deal with the criticism that anarcho-syndicalism does not accomodate for community organising. My response is that residents assoications should be contained in a modern anarcho syndicalist union which will function more as a grand federation of all working class organisations, not just labour unions.

Also, who are you active with? And how do you deal with the CNTs capitulation to the government, and the critique unions can not have coherent and uncomprimising revolutionary positions?
  4. cyu
    Sure - what do you want to talk about? =]
  5. Pogue
    companero, we should talk sometime, theres very few anarcho syndicalists on the board
  6. Pogue
    Viva anarcho-syndicalisme!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6