Conversation Between Tenka and ÑóẊîöʼn

1. Tenka
    No it's a known fact that any writer worth her salt is self-critical to an absolute fault. That's why they generally need some input from trusted (but honest) people in order to improve and keep reaching for the Big Time (e.g., getting a small token payment from a 'zine, or making a few cents through self-publishing. Alas, I am not yet at either of those places.)
  2. ÑóẊîöʼn
    Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, combination of work taking up my time and taking a break from Revleft.

Is it just me, or are most writers fairly likely to be self-deprecating/self-critical?
  3. Tenka
    Where are you? I uploaded an inspirational picture to my album: http://www.revleft.com/vb/album.php?...ictureid=11748 (he actually said the quote in caption in some video interview, and I thought, "Well that's obvious." But it made me feel not so bad about writing irregularity.)
  4. Tenka
    That happens to me, too. Frequent mood-swings and distractions. Still, I should write more than I do considering I don't have school or any prole job.
  5. ÑóẊîöʼn
    I made a start on editing/updating an article I wrote a while back for my science fiction project, and I considered writing a little vignette/micro-story/whatever. It was basically to be about this government agent who's on a riverboat on the Mississippi when it gets attacked by a bunch of crazy cultists. I considered your advice about not worrying too much about being crap or crass so it was going to have bare breasts and gunplay in it. But my mood changed and then I got distracted again.
  6. Tenka
    Did the writing thing not go well? It often doesn't for me (or I wouldn't have made that thread whining). I posted some embarrassing excerpts of a new project (different thread in the group) but perhaps you already saw those. It currently stands at 1,434 words, there having been slow progress. I keep thinking I should just give up but then realise I don't really have anything else, which holds me back from the edge of the precipice.
  7. ÑóẊîöʼn
    Just thought I would bring THIS to your attention. I've subscribed to the discussion so I should get an alert when you reply.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7