Conversation Between Positivist and Die Neue Zeit

1. Positivist
    Hey I saw a comment you posted on Q's blog here; http://demrep.wordpress.com/2012/04/03/52/
    "Privatization runs contrary to the Res Publica principle."
    I understand the basic idea here with "Res publica" actually being a term applied to all common property but I was wondering if you could explain it a little more in depth or provide a link.
  2. Positivist
    Wow that is absolutely insane, I can't even believe that it is being taken seriously. I'm actually quite surprised that they are even offering any concession for the repeal of workers rights. In the States there's talk of "unshackeling the market" by alleviating such ailments without any return. I can't imagine it will survive, but it is certainly an interesting development. Perhaps it could free up an avenue for the proposal of employee-ownership to be compulsory without the rights exchange. It would certainly be popular with the workers
  3. Die Neue Zeit
    Check out this twist on employee ownership: http://www.revleft.com/vb/tories-giv...494/index.html
  4. Positivist
    Changed. I'm working on a touch screen which can cause problems when I try to click on things haha
  5. Positivist
    That's weird I actually did change it about 20 minutes ago. I'm not even in the group anymore so I don't get why that's still set as my primary.
  6. Die Neue Zeit
    You forgot to change your primary tendency. I think there's a board glitch.
  7. Die Neue Zeit
    Putting my business cap on here, the very specific "business model" that needs to be considered is the non-profit organization that can thrive independently of tax incentives or disincentives.
  8. Positivist
    Do you know of a specific funding strategy for the form of workers organization that is being discussed in the SYRIZA Alternative culture/mutual aid forum? I know that the cpgb supports a similar model of working class organization, do they happen to have a plan on how to obtains the funds to do so? I definitely support this method of politiscization but am having difficult understanding how it could work for an anti-capitalist party.
  9. Positivist
    Totally accepted. I apologize as well for overreacting. I just felt as if I was being accused of self-promotion or something of the sort and it struck a chord.
  10. Die Neue Zeit
    In that case, then, my personal apologies.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 19