Conversation Between Kassad and RedTrackWorker

1. RedTrackWorker
    I was just thinking I should send you the OWS LRP balance sheet link then saw you 'thanked' it on the forum
  2. RedTrackWorker
    Sure. The book Life and Death of Stalinism is online and all about that. The introduction would provide an overview and chapter five (pdf) is the most directly relevant chapter.
  3. Kassad
    Do you have any links on hand from the LRP that discuss why the Soviet Union was capitalist, as opposed to a degenerated workers state?
  4. Kassad
    Thanks for the other link. I actually got in touch with the LRP in New York and they forwarded me to the folks in Chicago, so I definitely will be picking up some of your stuff at the G8.
  5. RedTrackWorker
    Have any further thoughts on the League material or related topics? One piece I'd be interested in your opinion of is Propaganda and Agitation in Building the Revolutionary Party.
  6. Kassad
    Thanks a lot. I spent a good couple hours reading the entirety of that debate and I really like how there's also interventions from the BT, IG, PLP and other onlookers. Frankly, I think that's one of the best things I've read in a while that really lays out the differences between what I consider to be the only real non-reformist Trotskyist groups in the US. To my surprise, not a single one of them is active in Ohio, however.
  7. RedTrackWorker
    That's on differences between us and some other groups, which can be the best way to learn some elements of the theory. This is a kind of basic statement of our politics which might also be useful. And there's of course plenty more. If you want to narrow it down somehow, ask away--and of course I hope you share your thoughts on what you read.
  8. RedTrackWorker
    On the SL (etc.) the subject index has the online articles listed here. This summary of our debate (which links to the debate full transcript at the top). And the most recent thing on them vs. us in the transit union.
    For articles on the ISO and IST, see this link. A decent summary and the latest on their debacle in the Chicago Teachers' Union.
  9. Kassad
    You got any good reads for me that describe some of the differences between the LRP and groups like the Spartacist League, Bolshevik Tendency etc? I'm trying to read up on my Trotskyist theory. Appreciate it
  10. Kassad
    It's not often that we see members of the League for the Revolutionary Party on here. Where is your organization active?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10