Conversation Between Skammunist and Dimitri Molotov

1. Dimitri Molotov
    Haha yeah I don't listen to metal much anymore, just a few shows here and there, but I definitely like Punk and Ska more. Also I really like all of the bands you posted haha, I actually wrote almost all of the same ones, No Cash, Op. Ivy, Against All Authority, but I deleted it because the message was too long haha. I am actually listening to AAA right now, haha what are the odds. xD I also like No Cash a lot, but it seems like a lot of people don't for some reason, a lot of people who listen to CRS that I've talked to say they only have like 2 good songs and the rest blow. I really like Life Sucks, Annihilation of the Nation and Gasoline. People also say they aren't Crack Rock Steady. They sound like it to me, but maybe not, I don't care though I still like them. I also like INDK and I just got into F-Minus and Morning Glory.
  2. Skammunist
    I got to play with BTMI when Jeff Rosenstock when on his solo stour. So technically, it wasn't BTMI, just Jeff. He announced on his website that anyone who wanted to play a song with any instrument could do so. I only played two songs with him, but it was fun.

Fuck World Trade is definately my favorite LoC album. Like you said, every song on that album was great. Anti-Flag, Rancid, Casualties and NOFX are bands that I listen to. I also like the Dropkicks, Against All Authority, No Cash, and Operation Ivy. I can't say I'm really into metal though, sorry, haha. My music tastes are pretty much limited to punk and ska.
  3. Dimitri Molotov
    Dude that is sick! How did you get to play with them? Also, which Leftover Crack album do you like the most? I personally love Fuck World Trade, I love every song on that album. If I listen to one song, I always end up listening to the whole thing through, haha. And which punk bands do you like? My favorites are Anti-Flag, Rancid, Against Me!, The Casualties, NOFX, stuff like that. I am really into Hardcore Street Punk kind of stuff and Ska, I used to listen to like Deathcore when I was younger haha, like Carnifex, Winds of Plague, Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, Parkway Drive, but one day my friend showed me Red Flag by Billy Talent and I loved it, and then I got into Rancid from there, haha. Now I listen to mainly Punk and Ska, but I am still connected to the metal scene a bit because my friends are all in Metal bands who are somewhat famous in my local area, they do shows and stuff in Buffalo and people love them.
  4. Skammunist
  5. Skammunist
    Hell yeah dude! So you saw the Have Nots too right? They are on tour with Big D, who I am going to see when they come down to Florida in a few weeks. And yeah, the Toasters are playing in Florida three days after Big D so I might see them too. You said you're seeing the Slackers later? I saw them once, and they had a long ass set! I was definately tired after that, haha.

All the bands you mentioned are kick ass, especially Leftover Crack. They were the band that first got me into punk music. And yeah, the album was Permanent Revolution. Take care man, and have fun at the shows!

Here's a picture of me two years ago playing trombone with Bomb the Music Industry.

6. Dimitri Molotov
    Dude that's awesome! I just saw Big D & The Kid's Table live yesterday, and in a few weeks I am going to see The Toasters and The Slackers!! I am so exited! I love Streetlight, I saw them live with Reel Big Fish twice. I love the Suicide Machines, Sublime, Bomb The Music Industry, Bandits of The Acoustic Revolution, Against All Authority, Less Than Jake, and I really like Crack Rock Steady bands, especially Choking Victim and Leftover Crack. And is the Catch-22 album you were talking about Permanent Revolution?
  7. Skammunist
    Hey man, I love ska music! My favorites are the Slackers, the Toasters, the Specials, and Streetlight. Great to see someone who has a good taste in music, haha. Did you know that Catch-22 has a ska album based on the life of Leon Trotsky? And who do you like?
  8. Dimitri Molotov
    I'm assuming because of your name you enjoy Ska music. xD Which bands are your favorite?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8