Conversation Between d3crypt and The Garbage Disposal Unit

1. Nope, but people love Che, so i threw his face in there. The capitalist advertising is an effective propaganda technique.
  2. The Garbage Disposal Unit
    Hey - I think the new flyer is a step in the right direction.
    I also just want to try to balance out my criticism / the entire thread of criticism by saying, "Good Work". It's awesome that you're taking initiative and trying to make something happen. If everyone who thought of themselves as left had that type of "get up and go" we'd be headed in the right direction.

That said, do high school kids still wear Che t-shirts? Is that a thing, a decade after RATM broke up?
  3. The Garbage Disposal Unit
    Yeah, it might feel like banging your head against a wall, but it's worth it.
    A group of us in my high school successfully organized a day of meeting up + workshops with radicals from around the province. It was only about 50 people, but that was about ten years ago, and some of the folk who helped put it on are still folk I organize with. There was even one kid in my school who hung around - wasn't a member of our group but asked us lots of questions, came to events, etc. I didn't see him for a few years after high school, then ran in to him in Montreal: He'd become a serious IWW organizer and credited his radicalism to our high school group.

Anyway, like I said - keep me in the loop!
  4. Thank you. I doubt i will get much beyond getting members from my few left wing friends, but once school starts again for me, lets hope i can get some shit started.
  5. The Garbage Disposal Unit
    Let me know when/if you get a group started / what you're doing / if you need any resources / advice!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5