Conversation Between Lynx and Die Neue Zeit

1. Die Neue Zeit
    I never said anything about running a blog, comrade. Oh, and I posted a new Theory thread.
  2. Lynx
    Yes, I'll read up on Dodd, thanks.
  3. Lynx
    I don't have the expertise to run a blog as they do, and their work is received with scorn. I only bring up MMT on Revleft in hopes of dissuading some comrades from the debt/deficit hysteria. I used to believe in that narrative not long ago...
  4. Die Neue Zeit
    I Googled "Ryan A. Dodd" "Last Resort" and found 73 results. If you read a couple of those, you'll get a better feel for his politics. As for gutting, that's obvious bourgeois dynamics and politics for you.

It still doesn't obviate the need to raise them, in order to deflect any criticisms of cheap sloganeering and such.
  5. Lynx
    I'm not familiar with Dodd.
    None of these schemes have a chance in today's climate. If anything, social programs are destined to be gutted.
  6. Die Neue Zeit
    It is. Keep in mind that there is an ELR political spectrum of sorts. I think he's more of a right-wing Minskyite. L. Randall Wray comes across as a centrist, while Ryan A. Dodd comes across as a leftist Minskyite.
  7. Lynx
    I think Bill's JG work was inspired by Minsky, he probably mentions this somewhere.
  8. Die Neue Zeit
    Come on! You already know I'm adamantly against such a scheme!
  9. Lynx
    An alternative to the ELR is a negative income tax or guaranteed minimum income, but don't hold your breath - "personal responsibility" is the new mantra, regardless of the unemployment rate.
  10. Die Neue Zeit
    It's old news to those in the know re. Minsky's ELR. For some advocates, ELR should outright replace most of unemployment insurance and such.
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 36