Conversation Between Azraella and The Jay

1. Azraella
    I'm agnostic about it
  2. The Jay
    Do you believe that the universe is conscious?
  3. Azraella
    The basic idea of a pantheistic god is that God is everything and everything is God.

Chryssipus says this: The universe itself is god and the universal outpouring of its soul; it is this same world's guiding principle, operating in mind and reason, together with the common nature of things and the totality which embraces all existence; then the foreordained might and necessity of the future; then fire and the principle of aether; then those elements whose natural state is one of flux and transition, such as water, earth, and air; then the sun, the moon, the stars; and the universal existence in which all things are contained.

To pantheists God, the Unity, and divinity is existence itself.
  4. The Jay
    I'm not sure what you mean by god tbh. Could you explain it to me?
  5. Azraella
    I don't think so, but it's really debatable what Spinoza actually thought about god.
  6. The Jay
    Isn't the god of Spinoza strictly a deistic, unthinking, and unacting god?
  7. Azraella
    I am a pantheist because I read Haisch's book called 'The God Theory' and was convinced by the arguments presented there for a pantheistic god. That lead me to look at philosophers and scientists like Spinoza or David Bohm. I think there is evidence that at least a pantheistic god exists.
  8. The Jay
    That really fascinates me. May I ask why you're a pantheist?
  9. Azraella
    I'm a soft polytheist, so no not really. I'm much more pantheistic than a serious hard polytheist.
  10. The Jay
    I thought it was that tree . Do you literally believe in Odin?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 12