Conversation Between Agent Ducky and Workers-Control-Over-Prod

1. Agent Ducky
    Yeah, that's about what I gathered from experience, (my closest experience to this is being really close to someone who "wanted" me...) but it's something I absolutely can't relate to and spent altogether too much time trying to understand.
    If you want more information about asexuality, this site is god-tier levels of helpful:
    http://www.asexuality.org/en/
    They have a lot of resources, a great community, and they helped me understand myself better.
  2. Workers-Control-Over-Prod
    Yes, it's just an animal instinct; to want to "concquer" a counterpart, "want" another person for ones own self etc. All quite strange primitive monkey business, but without it, we wouldn't be talking here.
  3. Agent Ducky
    I'm sorry if I sounded a little bit defensive there, I'm not bothered by your inquiries. :]
    To that question, I can honestly say that never in my lifetime have I ever "wanted" someone. I really can't fathom the idea at all of "wanting" someone.
    I can't really pass judgement on anyone, but to me, you just sound like a pretty cool straight guy who values personality more than a lot do, and I respect the shit out of that.
  4. Workers-Control-Over-Prod
    Btw, i in fact can only really think of two or three instances in which i had that physical urge for a girl while with her, most of the time sex does appear as bothersome when one is interested in the personality of another person.
  5. Workers-Control-Over-Prod
    Well, "medical condition" we all are. I see though what you mean, don't be bothered by my inquiries, i don't see any problem with asexuality.
    Well, my first question i ask basically if you have ever once had the feeling that you wanted someone so bad that sexual physical exertion is needed to express that "urge" or physical want for another person.
  6. Agent Ducky
    I'm not actually sure about the nature of your first question with regards to myself.
    But I do know from reading that some asexuals do experience arousal for whatever reason, they just have no desire to act on it with someone else, and still don't experience attraction.
    And I'm honestly not sure about the medical implications. And frankly, I don't give a damn. I don't really have any interest in pathologizing my orientation, treating it like some kind of medical condition.
  7. Workers-Control-Over-Prod
    Well, i guess i would categorise myself as a heterosexual pan-sexual, meaning i am only sexually interested in the female sex but among women care first about the personality than physical attraction; in fact, an interesting personality is attractive to me.

So you have absolutely no sexual urges, never had a single moment of genital arousment? If so, does this mean asexuality is a physical condition or merely chemical/psychological?
  8. Agent Ducky
    I can detect objective attractiveness, like I can generally gauge what other people would see as "pretty" (it's like when a straight girl calls another girl 'pretty') It doesn't imply any actual attraction on my part, just a recognition of what other people would find attractive.
    Officially asexual means "lack of sexual attraction to others" or "lack of interest in sex."
    I'm guilty on both counts. Asexuality means that I'm not attracted to either gender at all. I'm really just completely disinterested.
    I hope this answers your questions. If you have more or want me to clarify anything, I'd be happy to help you. I want to help others understand asexuality as much as possible, because most people aren't aware of this very real orientation.
  9. Agent Ducky
    Do I have opinions on certain looks? Yes. Like I think heterochromia (2 different colored eyes) looks awesome, I think certain haircuts/colors are really cool. I really like certain clothes. But that's the extent of it, really. I don't classify these things as "attractive" in my mind. I just like them. And usually I'll go right out and tell the person "your shirt/hair/whatever is awesome." I might be "interested" in talking to the person more because how they chose to make themselves look expresses something interesting about their personality. Based on this interesting personality I might want to get to know this person better. But that's about it. The desire to know someone better for me isn't sexual or romantic at all.
  10. Workers-Control-Over-Prod
    So to the extent that you say that you are asexual, what do you think about humans? Do you have opinions on looks, do certain items, things look more attractive to you, like most people (I have my problems with knowing what looks good btw)? Are you then interested in the person, but do you have an opinion on the aesthetics of that person (or any)?

I ask, because if you do find certain people pretty or attractive, then you could possibly not be an asexual. I am a bit confused to what you mean with asexuality, i would also say that my personality is really asexual (as in, i don't think much about sex), but since i am a heterosexual male teenager, do have a sexuality and attraction to the female gender. So does asexuality really mean you find female and male genders equally attractive, or you really have no interested in the physicality of other humans?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10