Conversation Between $lim_$weezy and Mr. Natural

1. $lim_$weezy
    Just hit the thread on the alleged mysticism of dialectics. These people really need to read Ollman! Tell me what you think.
  2. Mr. Natural
    Hey, $lim, I'm afraid I do let the passivity get me down, for the "left" has become incredibly conservative theoretically. I've been on a "new, popularly usable dialectics" mission for a dozen years, and have met with nothing but silence broken by an occasional "You're full of shit."

I've gone through hundreds of pages of RevLeft archives on dialectics, and have yet to find a positive discussion. "Anti-dialectics" threads get lots of attention, though, and RevLeft's Science and the Environment Forum has no discussions on the systems-complexity science that shows how to make what is a klunky and incomplete Marxist materialist dialectic come to life and praxis.

$lim, if someone else came up a thread that suggested theoretical developments by which the human species could begin working its way out of capitalism, I'd feel a responsibility as a Marxist to fully explore that thread.

Any ideas as to how to proceed with some participation from others?
  3. $lim_$weezy
    Hey man don't let the passivity get you down! It's an opportunity to teach and progress! People will join in in time.
  4. $lim_$weezy
    Awesome, I will definitely try to make some helpful posts. This really is a great idea, by the way. If only Ollman had been known when Rosa was around haha.
  5. Mr. Natural
    Hello again, $lim, I'll start a thread on Ollman in Learning, probably on Thursday, and hope you will join in. We're all learners, and Lenina and I agree we will be models of comradely discussion. Otherwise, Lenina and I have not coordinated and want to leave this open to all views.

I have gone through many of the old threads on the dialectic, and there is almost no engagement with Ollman. So all of our views are important.

My personal intent with this thread is to introduce Ollman to others and, hopefully, begin to bring the materialist dialectic to popular understanding and praxis.

My red-green best.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5