Conversation Between Revoltorb and Workers-Control-Over-Prod

1. Workers-Control-Over-Prod
    Oh, still sounds very interesting.
  2. Revoltorb
    And by "joined the project" I mean talked to the professor and confirmed that he will be my advisor. No work has actually started yet, though I am doing literature review for previous work on the topic.
  3. Revoltorb
    I have no idea, the project started two weeks ago and I only joined the project yesterday. We won't actually know any of that information for another three years at least in all likelihood.
  4. Workers-Control-Over-Prod
    *and by "life" i of course mean time-before replacement*
  5. Workers-Control-Over-Prod
    Very interesting. How much more life time time does it save for the steel structures by your predictions? I remember reading a report about the new insulation programs for buildings of the german government (not in the farthest large enough of course) which said that it would extend life significantly, ast least over 25% if i recall correctly. This is very interesting.
  6. Revoltorb
    Haha, fair enough. I'm making new connection design standards between structural members (beams, columns, girders, bracings, etc.) in steel-based structures more thermally insulated for various reasons. Basically, it reduces energy costs and increases the long-term structural integrity of the buildings because of corrosion due to condensation.
  7. Workers-Control-Over-Prod
    "I'm creating and analysing the designs of new structural steel joints so as to reduce the effects of thermal bridging in steel structures." I understood 'steel joints', but that's about it...
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7