Conversation Between Post-Something and Rosa Lichtenstein

1. Rosa Lichtenstein
    I have to say that it is many years since I had to read Derrida (as an undergraduate). Oddly enough, I am grateful for this episode in that it has put me off him forever. I'd only re-read his work again now if threatened with a shotgun, and even then, I'd mull things over.

I scratch my head as to why anyone takes him seriously -- or, come to that, any other French 'philosopher' since Descartes (including Descartes).
  2. Post-Something
    Hey Rosa,
    Can I just ask what you honestly think of Derridas' work? It's just that I know you like to use Wittgenstein a lot, and the two seem strangely similiar to me; so I wondered what you thought of it, or at least how you would attack it?
  3. Rosa Lichtenstein
    Sounds like a good idea; perhaps you can approach the moderator of the IS section to arrange this?
  4. Post-Something
    Hey Rosa, I was thinking maybe we could collate all the links in this thread and just stick them in the first post, as it would be much easier to read? We should probably sticky the thread as well.

Also, the Tony Cliff essay you posted in the Labour Aristocracy thread was very interesting. I gave it a read earlier, and I'll probably look into it in more detail once again after reading a few more things on the topic. Just thought I'd tell you since you've disabled reputation
  5. Rosa Lichtenstein
    No, not serious.

Sorry I could not be more constructive with your Descartes essay, but I can't take his work seriously.
  6. Post-Something
    Thanks . I hope it was nothing serious..?
  7. Rosa Lichtenstein
    Will do, but I won't be able to do so for a day or so. Recovering from a short hospital stay.
  8. Post-Something
    Could you have a look at my thread on Descartes in the Philosophy section please? It would be much appreciated if you could give a response.
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 18 of 18