Conversation Between Victus Mortuum and Die Neue Zeit

1. Die Neue Zeit
    I forgot to add one more element to your platform. This would make Demand #5 on solidarity strikes redundant.

Emphasize political strikes and general strikes.

Demand #2: "... for unionizing or even conducting political strikes and/or general strikes."

Demand #3: "... agent provocateurs or suppression of even political strikes and/or general strikes, etc."

Demand #4: "Freedom to go on even a political and/or general strike without approval..."

Last demand: "Freedom of even political strikes and/or general strikes regardless..."
  2. Victus Mortuum
    I don't think so. However, I just finished State and Revolution and I understand now. It was the late Kautsky's ignoring and sometimes seemingly supporting parliamentarism that Lenin argued against.
  3. Die Neue Zeit
    Comrade, did I ever forward you Lars Lih's documents on the Lenin-Kautsky relationship? They're a must read.
  4. Victus Mortuum
    Okay, so why do you consider Lenin following in the trend of Kautsky, to clarify? Because, just as an example, Lenin says in State and Revolution:

"Then we deal specially with the one who is chiefly responsible for these distortions, Karl Kautsky, the best-known leader of the Second International (1889-1914), which has met with such miserable bankruptcy in the present war."

"And so that their distortion by the “Kautskyism” now prevailing may be documentarily proved and clearly demonstrated."

"On the other hand, the “Kautskyite” distortion of Marxism is far more subtle."

I'm just unclear. Perhaps it's only a part of Kautsky that influenced him? I'm not clear on my theoretical history of Marxism from Germany to Russia - could you clarify? Or direct me to a brief document that would clarify?
  5. Victus Mortuum
    I'll see if I can get around to it soon. It may not be comprehensive. I must admit, it has been a bit of time since I've read that section and probably have the terms a bit jumbled in my head.
  6. Die Neue Zeit
    Comrade, perhaps you could offer a discussive critique of Chapter 5 and the Draft Program section "The Democracy Question." That way, misunderstandings re. terms can be cleared up. You probably know already that I have (thankfully) a very thick skin when it comes to constructive critiques.
  7. Die Neue Zeit
    I put an "if" statement there to hedge my bets re. candidate elections. Recall that I myself advocated job slotting based on random selection.
  8. Victus Mortuum
    Sounds good
  9. Die Neue Zeit
    Since I'm working on my "National-Democratization in Food Production" commentary, I'll get back to this tomorrow. That last post of yours is good food for thought for other posters.
  10. Die Neue Zeit
    Consultants, insurance and real estate brokers and agents (part of "fire"), mortgage brokers, etc. And there is also such a thing as "fake self employment" (comrade Zanthorus), where really they are workers (I read a case on this about strippers).
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13