Conversation Between Dunk and Lenina Rosenweg

1. Lenina Rosenweg
    Thanks for the compliment. Last week I almost got into a physical confrontation with a Ron Paul supporter. I was at my local Occupy demo (in a relatively small city). There was a light turn out. There were about 2o Paulistas present and they tried to take over the demo. I was standing by myself w/my sign "Put Banks Under Public Ownership" and "Wall St Has 2 Parties, We Need One Too". A Paul guy came up to me w/his sign "Ron Paul Revolution" as if to give the impression I was one of them. I was pissed. He tried to "engage" me. I told him that laissez faire capitalism has never existed and is impossible, the state has always intervened from the early Industrial Rev to the present(canals, railroads, etc) I told him about the youtube video. the guy didn't believe me. It got heated and turned into a yelling match. I left after a half hour.
    Usually we are good at driving those people away!
  2. Dunk
    "
    This is the first major falling away of false allies as class consciousness begins to solidify. When the Dems start attacking the Occupy movement in the same words as Paul uses, instead of "damning with faint praise" then we know we are making real progress."

If I could thank you ten times for that post, I would
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2