Conversation Between Zav and Drosophila

1. I see. Even the best AV programs can be fooled. You don't have to download anything unusual to be infected. From the first time you connect to the Internet you are at risk. There is a thread in the Mutual Aid section about computer security. If you haven't already you might want to give it a read.
  2. I honestly have no idea. There were several viruses on my computer that my old AV software (Avast) didn't pick up. One of them had to be a keylogger, because he knew almost all of my passwords. I really do wonder how they got onto my PC, since I don't download anything weird. Since then I've been much more aware of what my PC is doing.
  3. That's a pretty lame thing to do. It would have been far easier for hir to shoplift the CD versions of the games. How did they go about hacking you? Password stealing? Keylogging? Brute-force attacks? Pretending to be an official?
  4. I have a similar stance. I was "black-hat hacked" (is that a word?) last summer and that really pissed me the fuck off. What's pathetic is that the guy only wanted my Steam account, which, at the time, had no money in it and about three games worth a whopping $30.
  5. That would depend on the nature of the hacking being done. I fully support white-hat hacking, that is hacking solely to learn. Grey-hat hacking is generally illegal but done for good reasons, like spreading awareness, denying profit, or exposing a security flaw. In almost all cases I am in favor of it. Black-hat hacking is malicious, generally done for personal gain or severe griefing, and I do not condone it in any way.
  6. what's your opinion on hacking
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6