Conversation Between BIXX and Cliff Paul

1. BIXX
    OK. I understood all that when I read the piece- guess I'll go through it again and try to talk to bcbm and/or ravachol.
  2. Cliff Paul
    There's a little bit more to it than that (I don't quite understand the distinction they make between political and economic struggles) but that's the basics. bcbm and ravachol can probably give you a better explanation if you are interested
  3. Cliff Paul
    In nihilist communism, they actually joke that one of their main tasks is to "inhibit those who would lead the revolution" (aka leftist, pro-revolutionaries), but they also seem to indicate that 'revolutionaries' can have a role to play, although this is limited to specific times and periods.

Because pro-revolutionaries have not learned how to wait, have not learned to engage at the level of their experience — they are always wanting to lead the way, wishing to push forward their hot-brained solutions — they are forever looking back and wondering why nobody is following them.
  4. Cliff Paul
    It's mostly a critique on 'consciousness raising' and other tactics employed by leftist activists. For nihilist communists the main task of revolutionaries is not to raise awareness or propagandize the masses since:
    The working class, as the revolutionary body, do not require consciousness but a peculiar alignment of events, and a series of causes and effects which produces a specific economic crisis that ends up with workers holding the levers of production.
  5. BIXX
    Yo I know a bit about nihcom but not enough. Teach me moar and you will have my gratitude. (I read through nihcom and I just couldn't see much that made it special- its always possible that I've missed something though).
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5