Conversation Between Havet and Skooma Addict

1. Havet
    Broken Steel is the continuation of the other one, and it fixes a lot of issues. I would definitely get that one first. As for New Vegas, havent tried it yet. Considering my limited resources, and the fact that its very similar to F3, im currently looking into other games
  2. So you think broken steel is the best then. That seems to be what everyone tells me. I currently have Falliout 3 and I think it is a great game, which is why i'm getting Fallout New Vegas. Have you played the latter?
  3. Havet
    Dunno about mods. The F3 downloadable content is pretty awesome by itself, though you have to pay for it if you're in consoles. Best ones imo are: broken steel, the pitt and point lookout (by this order). Operation anchorage is pretty cool as well becuase you get the chinese stealth armor, which makes you invisible whenever you crouch. So long stealthboys!

Anyway, if you really prefer mods, check out Fallout 3 Nexus community
  4. I never claimed that pro-business laws are required for a civilized society. However, I may in fact believe that they are depending on what you mean by "pro-business laws." I don't think separate entity status is required for a civilized society for example.

However, I do think that in todays society "pro-business" laws make life better, even if we wouldn't be reduced to barbarism without them.

I would say a civilized society is one where the rule of law is generally respected and enforced, and there is a degree of objectiveness in the law which is up to par with modern standards. So ancient Rome would not be a civilized society today, even though it was civilized when it actually existed.
  5. Havet
    So the question is, why do you think pro-business laws are necessary for a civilized society, and how do you define a civilized society?
  6. Laws ultimately require force if they are to be respected. Also, all kinds of social services and environmental laws require force.
  7. Havet
    Can you prove this statement? "force is always required for any kind of civilized/humane society"
  8. The fact that tax money is "forcefully acquired" means nothing to me, as force is always required for any kind of civilized/humane society. I also don't believe in any non aggression principles.
  9. Havet
    Why do you value your self-interest more than non-aggression principles (not sure if you remmember, but pro-business legislation uses forcefully acquired property, such as tax money)?
  10. Because if I am benefiting from it I imagine that I would turn a blind eye. It is not that I would lie to myself and say it is good for society. I would just concentrate on other problems.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 58
123 ...