Conversation Between Turinbaar and The Ben G

1. Turinbaar
    I may not be quite right. Wikipedia says he was expelled for not meeting tuition fees, and then joined the Bolshevik position afterwards. It also says he rebelled against the church establishment while a student, though it gives little detail as to how and why. After leaving he was marked by the czarist secret police as an outlaw, extortioner kidnapper and bank robber, working in the caucuses for the Bolsheviks.
  2. The Ben G
    He got mixed up in gangs? I need to read up on my Stalin.
  3. Turinbaar
    I don't know too much about Stalin's early life. I know he was raised and educated in a seminary and had an interest in poetry. I also know he got rapped up in a gang, as was labeled a revolutionary (all organizations outside of the state were labeled "revolutionary" so that's where he began mixing with communist circles. This upbringing in the clerical class probably contributed to many of his decisions and policies.
  4. The Ben G
    Yes. You see, ive come up that Stalin was originally a very cool guy, but he became corrupted by power. I understand if someone agrees with Stalin in theory, but protecting his choices while he was in power?
  5. Turinbaar
    I understand historical accuracy is important, but I believe that a clear case can be easily made against stalin without resort to revisionism. The term itself gets thrown around as a sort of dodging tool, like"heretic."
  6. The Ben G
    Yes they are. Well, they have to protect his image from Revisionists.
  7. Turinbaar
    they're very touchy about uncle joe around here
  8. The Ben G
    I believe so.
  9. Turinbaar
    hey someone deleted my anti-stalinist group. Is that what happened yours?
  10. The Ben G
    What insturments do you play/what are your inflounces?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 12