Conversation Between The Author and Brother No. 1

1. Brother No. 1
    Also do you have a yahoo, comade?
  2. Brother No. 1
    lol, he goes along with his song XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9ScChTcCag but I'd love to know the lyrics for this song. But,yes, the 1977 version (Both Krushchevite and Brezhnevite) sucked but the chours was a bit good. Unlke they current anthem does, I can only find one version of the 2000 version that doesnt sound like crap only becuase its chours isnt like a re-copy of the '44 version. All the SSR's had awsome anthems with the best chours and now their current anthems are just like the UK anthem. Boring,religious, and un-eventful.
  3. The Author
    The 1993 anthem is actually called the "Song of Glinka" and came from the 19th century. Yeltsin tried hard introducing lyrics to this song but it never came through, and I agree that it does suck as a song and is understandable why Putin borrowed Alexandrov's song because it was much more inspirational. Ironically, they played "Song of Glinka" at Yeltsin's funeral as an interesting sidenote.

I never liked the "Party of Lenin" references in the '77 version. They remove Stalin but go on overkill with Lenin, and with the new version it's either about Russia, god, or sacred land and the lyrics just don't have the zing like the older versions did because of the revolutionary content.
  4. Brother No. 1
    ah for I knew that version sounded family for it had simular tones to the 1977 version but it had Marx engles and stalin in it. Ironically Lenin is only mentioned as a party in the 1977 anthem nothing more nothing less. But,yeah, your anthem is awsome and i too just try as i might, failing at most times (XD), sing to the U.S.S.R. anthem in my best Russian. But what sucks more is the 1993 Russian Federation anthem. Makes the 2000 one sound like a master-peice.
  5. The Author
    It's actually my rendition of the anthem, combining the 1944 and 1977 versions as they were officially translated on Wikipedia, adding the third verse of the '77 version as a fourth verse and echoing the chorus style of the '44 version. I liked both third verses from both versions, so rather than picking one over the other, I figured they get equal coverage.

The phrase "welded together forever to stand" is a tribute to Paul Robeson's version, as I don't like the phrase "Great Russia has welded together to stand." Gives the song a much more international character.

For the second verse, I changed the words a bit in homage to the final verse of "Anthem of the Bolshevik Party."

And of course, I think the current Anthem of Russia (2000) absolutely sucks. Every time I hear the anthem be it Soviet or Russian, I always sing along to the Soviet lyrics- especially my rendition of it and replay the third verse on recordings to get all four verses in.
  6. Brother No. 1
    in your Political Statement box is that the U.S.S.R anthem translated by google?
  7. Brother No. 1
    Nice pic comrade.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7