Conversation Between YSR and Black Dagger

1. YSR
    Yo. anybody who's had their thinking positively influenced by that guy is dangerous and anti-working class to the extreme. perhaps we should continue this by PM?
  2. Why should someone be restricted for having a positive opinion about some author? I mean, do you know what ideas of his Agrippa identified with or agreed with? If not??? I just don't see how you can justify restricting a member who clearly is a part of the revolutionary left, who has their heart in the right place, simply because some of their ideas are poorly thought. Debate not restrictions.
  3. YSR
    didn't see it, but i'll look for it now. finals+moving=my life is crazy. plus i'm back in the states now and that means i'm back in the struggle. there seems to be an inverse relationship between my time on RevLeft and my actual participation in movements.

i'm critical of all orthodoxies. i've posted some stuff critical of unilineal evolutionary cultural development and a bit on marx's view of cultural evolution. can't say i've got HM down to the point where I could critique it, but i'll look at what you have and maybe offer some feedback.
  4. Oi, i'm thinking about writing a short piece (who knows) 'a brief introduction to criticisms of historical materialism' as a balance to the HM sticky in the learning forum. I was reading some old posts you made concerning some dissident marxist viewpoints on the subject, could you share some links pls? Also, what's your stance on conventional HM? I presume you saw my rant on the subject in the CC last week...
  5. YSR
    figured it went over 90% of people's heads but oh well. that's comedy.
  6. lmao, that post in the lsd thread in chit-chat was class. Sif no can rep!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6