Conversation Between The Garbage Disposal Unit and The Feral Underclass

1. Let's be friends.
  2. The Garbage Disposal Unit
    I don't recall unfriending you on RevLeft. Plausibly we weren't actually ever "friends" on here?

Or plausibly it happened, like, a year ago, when were flaming each other a bit? If so, any hard feelings I had at the moment have passed.
  3. Did you unfriend me on RevLeft? That hurts...
  4. I wish there was something like the PCR in England. It's interesting that anarchists orientate themselves towards Maoists. I can see why STI abandoned anarchism.
  5. You call it petty and self-righteous, but that's because you're stuck in some bullshit middle-class mentality where in order to have your remarks taken seriously they have to be constructed and confined within a certain manner and structure of articulation.

I think people are capable of determining for themselves what is and is not a useful medium without having you patronise them. If people want to use a thread for useful information and perspectives they will do so, because the people that use the boards aren't stupid. If they don't want to do that, then they won't.

And yeah, I have real enemies in my life. They were for a time pompous jerks who thought I was academically stunted because I spoke with a northern accent and used a different syntax and sometimes said the word 'fuck' in everyday conversation. It turned out I was smarter than all of the fuckers, so I would pull back on the reins of your own self-righteousness and give people a break.
  6. The Garbage Disposal Unit
    I've got nothing against anger or passion. Petty displays of self-righteous posturing in the form of one-line snipes on a messageboard are a) a waste of a potentially useful medium for sharing useful information and perspectives, and b) a pretty degraded desperate grasping at passions of any sort. One might as well lionize schoolyard bullies for actualizing their rage in their childish lashing out as hold up the posts in the thread in question as anything other than sad. I have real enemies in life thank-you, and I would hope you do as well.
  7. Why do you have to constantly insist on everyone being nice and friendly to each other? What is that about? I don't get it at all. Why is it so objectionable to you that people might express themselves honestly about how they feel about something?

What do you want RevLeft to be as a project? I want it to be a place of forceful criticism and angry debate, because that displays passion and exuberance. I don't want it to be a place where people's middle class sensibilities are pandered to because they can't handle others being blunt.

Don't we have enough to deal with from society trying to constantly moderate our frustrations and anger without having some holier-than-thou lecture from you?

Anger is good, passion is good, exuberance is good. Just let people express themselves how they see fit without having to comment on it as if you've somehow reached a superior level or human decency. Ugh.
  8. I think you need three more 'supports' or your proposal will be considered as rejected.
  9. The Garbage Disposal Unit
    I like the idea that I could accomplish that by subtle suggestions concerning "What to bring to a demo?" and "How to organize a high school anarchist collective."
  10. Become the Practice Mod...Turn everyone into a ultra-left Maoist.
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 29