Conversation Between kalu and Franz Fanonipants

1. kalu
    exactly, I mean, I'm not exactly for "dialectical" conceptions of marxism, you know the Hegelian teleology and "cunning of reason" (which leaves us with the wonderful notion of "people without history," ie. those tribals and beggars), but the "common sense" empiricist view of marxism sucks too, and is equally eurocentric--as gayatri spivak puts it in "can the subaltern speak?" postivist empiricism is the advance arm of colonialism and imperialist subject-constitution. tell em to put that in their pipe and smoke it!
  2. well u see everything that predates the european enlightenment is gibberish obviously

you know what strikes me the most about these kinds of arguments around here is the fact that positivist empiricism rather than Marxism is the de facto ideology of folks.
  3. kalu
    haha, thanks for the compliment, it's nice to know I share understanding with someone else that every other form of life isn't just "gibberish" to be superseded by something more "rational and superior"! solidarity, comrade
  4. Good lookin out homie, thanks for being way, WAY more eloquent than me.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4