Conversation Between Dean and Dimentio

1. Northern Sweden is overally more left-leaning than southern Sweden. Also, 60% of Sweden's export is natural resources from the north. But I would say that Northern Sweden has too small a population to secede (1 million people in the northern two thirds compared to the 8 million in the southern third of the country). We have only had one secessionist politician, the former mayor of Kiruna - Lars Törnman.

Actually, southerners are more antagonistic overally than northerners. They believe all northerners live off welfare, have polar bears(!) and are alcoholised.

In Scania (southernmost province of Sweden), there are broad segments which are antagonistic against the rest of Sweden and wants to belong to Denmark instead.
  2. Dean
    Is northern Sweden antagonistic to the ruling Swedish system atm?
  3. Well, I am originally a countryside boy. I come from a little village, and during summers, I am sometimes required to travel back to help my folks with cleaning the woods and working on the house there. The house has no internet access, and that's the reason.
  4. Dean
    You haven't been around much recently, what gives?

Regards -Dean
  5. You know how it is.
  6. Dean
    Hey, I liked your post in the self-criticism thread. Sorry it turned into such a shit-storm, I think it had(has) some potential.
  7. Well, in Sweden, most newspapers write about Swedish tourists trapped in the conflict.

Some right-wing newspaper editor wrote about office women in fashion dresses throwing their high-heel shoes on demonstrators as proof that "the Thai people are against the protests". Swedish right-wingers are generally moronic.
  8. Dean
    Because there has been a dearth of information on the subject. Most of the media I have seen are very detached from the conflict - though AJE has typically offered a bit more relevant background to the story.
  9. I don't understand why I have received so many thanks for that entry XD
  10. Dean
    Thanks for your explanation of Thailand's current crisis. It's often hard to find who represents who's interests, due to the anti-analytical nature of sources like Wikipedia and most news outlets.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10