Conversation Between Reuben and The Feral Underclass

1. Reuben
    LOL its because I'm far too lazy. I've held about 3 mod positions over the years but have been booted for being too inactive. Yeah i guess I would agree on the democracy issue. A society should be democratic because people have no choice but to live in it. As for a website, you can voluntarily choose to spend some time on it, or you can excersize your democratic right to go elsewhere and even start up your own website. This is then, IMHO, no ethical imperative for this place to be a democracy. There is I think a practical use in engaging the mass of the membership in some kind of control over the site, but I would agree that there is no reason why every member should vote on every restriction. I spent enough time making a bee line for the cc when I should have been starting topics in politics and I'm sure many do the same.
  2. Why aren't you an admin, that's what I want to know! The only issue I have is that I'm not sure about the validity of trying to make RevLeft a "democratic" project. I'm not convinced that a website can achieve this.
  3. Reuben
    oh and cheers muchly for the response
  4. Reuben
    quick work. And thats fine.
  5. Hi. We're trying to maintain a focused and contained discussion on CC. I have merged your thread with the existing one because otherwise we'll have to two separate debates regarding the same thing. Namely, CC. I hope that's OK
  6. Reuben
    yeah it was a fucking great city. Kind of reminded me of the camden i loved a decade ago. No worries - def hope to meet you sometime.
  7. Did you have fun in Sheffield. Sorry I couldn't meet up. Next time hopefully I'll be less busy.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7